- Q. Do I need a permit to park at KSU?
Answer: Yes, all students, faculty and staff must have a permit to park in any KSU parking area, including off-site park and ride lots. An opt-out option is available if a vehicle will not be brought to campus.
- Q. Do I need to make a parking selection each semester?
Answer: Student parking selections are only valid for one semester. A parking area selection must be made every semester through Owl Express during the class registration process. Faculty/staff parking permits remain valid during the employment period.
- Q. Can I opt out of parking entirely?
Answer: Students are able to opt-out of the parking permit fee by agreeing to not have a vehicle on campus. This request must be done through Owl Express on the Parking Area Selection page. All students are still required to pay the $93 mandatory fee associated with parking. Students who live in surrounding off-campus apartment communities may want to consider opting-out of the parking permit fee and taking the apartment shuttle to campus.
BOB currently stops at:
- West 22
- U CLub on Frey
- The Blake
- U Pointe Kennesaw
- Stadium Village
- Q. What are the current student parking permit fees?
- Q. What are the current faculty/staff parking permit fees?
- Q. Where are the Faculty/Staff parking spaces in the decks?
Answer: Faculty/Staff parking spaces are located in the East, Central and West decks on the Kennesaw Campus, and in Deck P60 on the Marietta Campus, and are clearly marked in green striped areas. Faculty and staff are NOT permitted to park in student parking spaces accept when the campus is in OPEN parking.
View Faculty/Staff Parking Areas
- Q. Where do I pick up my parking permit?
Answer: After your selection is made in Owl Express (students), or through Human Resources (faculty and staff), permits are available for pick-up at the Cards Services Office on the second floor of the Student Center on both campuses.
- Q. Where does the decal go?
Answer: Decals must be placed on the inside on the driver’s side lower front windshield. The decal must be adhered to the glass for proper functionality.
- Q. What should I do if I can’t access my parking area?
Answer: Gates open automatically when a car with the appropriate decal for that parking area approaches the gate and is recognized by the decal reader. If the gate does not open, first check to see if you are in the correct area (your decal color and area number will match the parking area you’ve selected). Second, push the call button to inform Parking of the issue and to gain access to the lot or deck. Third, note your decal number and go to the Card Services Office to identify and correct the problem. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR DECAL.
- Q. Do Motorcycles need a parking permit?
Answer: Currently, motorcycles do not need a parking permit. However, we highly recommend that motorcycle owners register their vehicle information in Owl Express for safety and security purposes. Click here for more information.
- Q. What are the hours of parking enforcement?
Answer: Parking rules and regulations are enforced 24 hours a day.
- Q. How do I pay for my parking tickets/citations?
Answer: Students may pay parking fines at the Bursar’s Office on the 2nd floor of the Student Center on the Kennesaw Campus, at the Business Office on the lower level of Norton Hall on the Marietta Campus, or through Owl Express. Faculty and staff pay parking fines at the Bursar’s Office on the 2nd floor of the Student Center on the Kennesaw Campus, or at the Business Office on the lower level of Norton Hall on the Marietta Campus.
- Q. What if I drive more than one car to campus?
Answer: The decals are not transferable, therefore cannot be moved from car to car. You may purchase up to two additional decals at $10 each at the Card Services Office. Each decal purchased must be associated with a vehicle to be validated in the system. NOTE: The technology will only allow one vehicle per person to be parked on campus on the same day.
- Q. What if I obtain a new vehicle?
Answer: If you obtain a new vehicle you will also need a new decal. Update your vehicle information in Owl Express and bring at least one of the following documents to Card Services to receive a new decal at no charge:
- Vehicle sales receipt
- Copy of police or accident report
- Tow receipt
- Insurance letter of total loss
- Q. What if I am using another vehicle temporarily?
Answer: A temporary hangtag may be checked-out from the Welcome Center located at the entrance to the Visitor’s Lot on the Kennesaw Campus, or the Card Services Office on the Marietta Campus. Temporary hangtags may be checked out for up to four (4) days to accommodate campus parking while your vehicle is being repaired.
- Q. Where are the off-campus parking areas located?
Answer: There are currently two off-site park and ride locations:
- 3305 Busbee Drive (formerly BrandsMart USA)
- Town Point Office Building (located across from the main entrance of the University on Chastain Rd.)
- Q. Are vehicles parked at the off-site Park and Ride Lots subject to citations?
Answer: Yes. Tickets will be issued to anyone who does not display the appropriate decal or who are parked in the wrong location.
- Q. Is security provided at the off-site Park and Ride Lots?
Answer: Yes, KSU Police patrols all KSU parking areas.
- Q. What does it the cost to ride the shuttle?
Answer: There is no charge to ride the shuttle for anyone with a valid KSU ID. Your ID must be verified by the card reader upon entry. All students pay a mandatory $58 transportation fee.
- Q. Are the shuttles handicap accessible?
Answer: Yes. The shuttles are equipped with a ramp and restraining harnesses for handicap accessibility.
- Q. What are the clearance heights in the parking decks on campus?
Answer: or those individuals who may have high-profile vehicles in terms of height, below are the clearance heights for the parking decks on the KSU campuses. If you are unsure whether your vehicle will clear these areas, please park in an alternate lot within your permitted parking area to avoid damage to your vehicle and/or decks and blocking the deck entrances. Clearance heights are clearly marked on ALL deck entrances. Please make sure your vehicle will have sufficient clearance prior to entering any deck. Click here for clearance heights of decks.